Netscape Communicator 4.06 doesn't follow clicked links

Mary Martin mmartin at fspl.lib.ar.us
Thu Dec 31 18:30:57 EST 1998

I am wondering if anyone else has had this problem. I was using Netscape
Communicator 4.06 on my NT 4.0 workstation when suddenly Communicator
stopped following the links that I clicked on inside the browser window.
For instance, I'd click on a page link for more information, and nothing
would happen--no error messages, just a whole lot of nothing. The only
way I found to fix the problem was to reboot the PC. That would work for
a while, and then the same thing would happen again. Eventually I got
tired of rebooting 5 or 6 times a day and switched to Communicator 4.5,
thinking maybe it was just my PC.

But now our reference librarian is reporting the same problem with his
NT workstation, using 4.06 -- Communicator will not take him to links
he's clicked on within the browser window, and he has to reboot to get
it to work again. I've searched the Netscape site for help but to no
avail. Has anyone else had this problem and, if so, how were you able to
solve it? It hasn't cropped up yet on our public computers (they just
use Navigator 4, not Communicator) but it's still an annoying problem
and one I'd like to solve.

I'd appreciate any help or ideas you might have. Thanks a lot.
 (This message posted both to Web4Lib and LIBNT)

--
Mary C. Martin, Computer/Technical Services Librarian
Fort Smith Public Library
mmartin at fspl.lib.ar.us
http://www.fspl.lib.ar.us