[WEB4LIB] Re: Mail Drop client and Netscape Navigator (Help?)

Edward Hasbrouck ehasbrouck at igc.org
Wed Dec 30 20:32:55 EST 1998

There are add-on packages for enabling Netscape to invoke
Pegasus Mail in the Pegasus add-on list at:

ftp://risc.ua.edu/pub/network/pegasus/0pmail-addons.txt

------

Name of program: NSPROTO: proxy server for Netscape and
WinPMail

Location/Filename:
<URL:http://www.aimnet.com/~jnavas/winpmail/#NsProto>

Date/Version: 31 Aug 96
Author/email contact: John Navas
<JNavas at NavasGrp.Dublin.CA.US>
Documentation:
Features: NsProto is an OLE Automation protocol proxy server
for Netscape Navigator. This is as a 'mailto' protocol proxy
client for Pegasus Mail for Windows.  This means is that you
will be able to click on a 'mailto:' hyperlink in Netscape
Navigator, and have WinPMail automatically launched with a
new email message filled in for the address in the 'mailto:'
hyperlink.

Comments: Will ONLY work as a Win32 (32-bit Windows)
application

------

The bad part is that depending on your configuration, this may
also require the Pegasus add-on "MAPI support" module.  It
has its own documentation, and is included in the standard
Pegasus distribution, but you have to install it separately.  To
install Pegasus MAPI support, run the "wpmmapi.exe" file in
the installed Pmail directory. It will give you a chance to read
the help files first (highly recommended).  Microsoft doesn't
make it easy, and it's a tedious setup.

Most browsers other than MSIE and Netscape make it easier,
obviously, with an explicit configuration field for the command
line to execute on mailto: links.