[WEB4LIB] Re: Mail Drop client and Netscape Navigator

Bob Duncan duncanr at lafvax.lafayette.edu
Wed Dec 30 15:04:59 EST 1998

At 07:44 PM 12/29/98, merchant at bayou.com wrote:

>At 11:15 AM 12/29/98 -0800, Colleen Eklow wrote:
>>Has anyone had any success in setting up the preferences in Netscape
>>Navigator to open Mail Drop or a similar mail client when a patron clicks
>>on a "mail to" button or text in a web document?  (We would prefer not to
>
>If you install Eudora lite, you can configure it to "intercept" mailto
>links in Netscape, thereby, when a person clicks on a mailto link on a web
>page in Netscape, Eudora pops up.

I'm not sure if it's possible to configure Netscape as desired, but since
the configuration suggested is to the mail client, not the browser, Eudora
must already be running for the above to work, i.e., clicking a mailto link
in Netscape will not *open* Eudora.  (And, as with most contributions to
Web4Lib, I always feel the need to add: at least it won't on my machines,
with my configurations, today, etc....)

Bob Duncan

  Robert E. Duncan
  Systems Librarian