Menuing Software

Rich.Harrington at co.hennepin.mn.us Rich.Harrington at co.hennepin.mn.us
Tue Dec 15 14:19:09 EST 1998

I have had good luck with WinU for Windows 95 machines.  It does offer
security options, and can be set up to be "cloned" over a network (so you
only need to set up the menu on one PC).  It can be set up with
hierarchical menus that can be limited by time (e.g., 30 minute limit on
the Internet) or by password (staff menu).

   We haven't yet upgraded to the latest version, so I can't speak to that
(after Jan. 1).  It's made by Bardon Data Systems, http://www.bardon.com .

Rich Harrington
rich.harrington at co.hennepin.mn.us
Hennepin County Law Library
Minneapolis, MN
http://www.co.hennepin.mn.us/lawlibrary/lawlib.htm

jpapier at infolink.org on 12/15/98 12:05:46 PM

 cc:      (bcc: Richard L. Harrington/Hennepin)

 Subject: [WEB4LIB] Menuing Software

We've recently set up a new Training Lab.  The Lab PCs offer more than
our customary complement of programs, and therefore more than the normal
number of icons.   I'd like to organize them via a menuing system,
especially so that icons similar in function can be grouped under some
kind of common folder-esque thing, and so that program names are writ
large across the screen.

Despite searching these Archives, Cnet's various sites, etc., I've not
found a menuing system I like.  I'd ideally like to find a shareware or
freeware one.  It needn't offer any security functions, although
inclusion thereof would be ok.  Anyone have any favorites they'd like to
mention?

Thanks,
JP

--