all in wonder cards--wondering

Karen G. Schneider kgs at bluehighways.com
Sat Dec 26 19:10:59 EST 1998

It was worth a shot, but it looks like the Focus Micro XGA PC--->TV widget
isn't going to be the right solution for us... we fooled around with it
today, but it wasn't encouraging.  It may also be our TV... it's a big TV
(27?), but not a great TV to begin with, and the better the TV the better
these widgets work.  We found the screen much too hard to read, and the
software that supposedly helps you tweak it failed on several attempted
installations.  The manual was pretty grim, too.  Just to be fair, I'm
going to call the company Monday, but I have a feeling this item will be
going back.  Too bad... I'm still fond of the concept that any old time we
need to do some small-group computer instruction--such as staff training on
our catalog--we just wheel in the ol' TV and scootch it onto the nearest
computer.

So now I'm wondering, how about those ATI All-In-Wonder Pro cards?  Anyone
try them?  They're only about $150...

Karen "I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a Destination XTV today" Schneider

Karen G. Schneider |  kgs at bluehighways.com http://www.bluehighways.com
Author: A Practical Guide to Internet Filters, Neal Schuman, 1997
Director, Garfield Library of Brunswick, NY...
Soon: Brunswick Community Library!
Garfield on the Web: http://www.crisny.org/not-for-profit/garfield/