Thanx and Linux

Jeff Papier jpapier at infolink.org
Sat Dec 19 11:26:06 EST 1998

Thanks to all those who answered my query re menu software.  Many
recommended WinU highly. (I'd used it in the past, but was wondering if
anything later and greater had appeared.  Apparently not.)

Now an informal survey:  don't want to start the next holy war here,
but...I'm a Linux user at home.  Our library uses NT 4.0 Server, with
glances towards the impending 5.0.  How many libraries out there are
using Linux, or some other Unix flavor, to network their PC's, provide
Internet connectivity, firewalls, etc?  Who's using Unix plus NT?  How
about NT alone?

A glance at the newsgroups will tell you that humans at large have _very_
strong feelings about which OS will prevail, if any.  Do members of this
esteemed list have such feelings?  Preferences?

(Opening up Pandora's Box and scampering away),
Yours,
JP

Jeff Papier				email: jpapier at infolink.org
Network / Internet Librarian		voice: (732) 329-4000 ext. 286
South Brunswick Public Library		fax:   (732) 329-0573
South Brunswick, NJ