[WEB4LIB] Menuing Software

TMGB bennettt at am.appstate.edu
Wed Dec 16 18:01:18 EST 1998

I assume your using  windows 95 when you mention "more than the normal
number of icons" although that might not be the case.  You can set up a
profile that will be specific to each log in.  In the profile , you can
define which desktop to use.  You can create a personalized desktop
containing only the shortcuts you want with the exception of  "My Computer",
I don't know anyone that has found a way to that icon without setting the
desktop to no icons.  Then on the other if you set the desktop to know
icons, you can make your own personalized menu be the start button.  You
can, if you want, disable all the settings menu choice and place all your
short cuts in a hierarchial menu system in the Programs choice.  Again, I
suggest doing this with profiles so you don't have to lose the regular
default menus.  In the profile manager you can tell windows where to pick up
the start folder that you have previously created.

This can be a detailed process and I will be glad to give anyone help if
interested rather than explain it all here.  Remember you can make a
directory a short cut on the desktop if you want to group items.

Thomas