Replacing Terminals with PCs

LINDHOLM Janus L Janus.L.LINDHOLM at ci.eugene.or.us
Wed Dec 16 17:55:00 EST 1998

Has anybody replaced their dumb terminals for accessing their OPAC with PCs?
We will be in a transitional phase for some months when we will still be
using a VAX mainframe as our host for access to our catalog,  but will be
converting our access machines to PCs (probably).   I am trying to find a
telnet package that will allow me to script a logon process.   I'm figuring
that I can use IKiosk to lock the telnet program down once I've got it set
up.   We'd like to find something cheap, since this is a short term problem.
I've looked at various telnet applications and none seem to be quite the
right fit.  Any ideas?

Please reply directly to me, since I think this is probably of limited
interest.

Janus Lindholm
Application Support Technician
Eugene Public Library