[WEB4LIB] Try again G3 and Netscape

Peter C. Gorman pcgorman at facstaff.wisc.edu
Wed Dec 16 14:28:40 EST 1998

For me, too, it works from the button but not directly from the URL. One
difference is that the button uses the POST method, while typing a URL uses
GET. The server application is apparently expecting a POST.

I don't know, though, how this could be affected by G3 machines. I'm using
a PM8500/150 wiuth System 8.1 and Netscape 4.5 and IE 4.01, and also a Dell
GxPro with NT and similar versions of Netscape and IE.

>Problems with G3, IMACs and Netscape?
>
>Thanks everyone for trying the link that I provided for our online
>catalog.  I was not suprised to hear that it did not work.
>
>If you would be so kind and would not mind please try this next link for
>me:  http://www.statelib.lib.in.us/  than choose the guest button.
>Hopefully this will allow you to search our online catalog.
>
>Please let me know the results you receive or error message, and the
>type of machine you are using.  I will be interested in knowing if any
>kind of computer is able to access this web site.
>
>Thank you,
>Jennifer
>--
>Jennifer Sarber