[WEB4LIB] Cybrarian vs. Fortres/Cooler

Floyd Ingram fingram at mindspring.com
Sun Dec 6 21:45:40 EST 1998

Donovan, etc.,

We have Fortres installed on our OPAC and Electronic Reference Center
workstations.  It works fine.  We block access to the directories and
Windows 95 Start menu.  On some PCs, we prohibit saving to diskette...oh,
saving to harddrive is not allowed on any of the public PCs.  On a few PCs,
there is a glitch (error) that occur during logon that caused by a problem
between Fortres and Lantastic.  I haven't used any other security
software...so I can't really compare.

MSC 25
Floyd Ingram
Director of Library Services
Benedict College
Columbia, South Carolina 29204-1086

Voice: (803) 253-5182 or 5181; Fax: (803) 540-2528
E-mail: < mailto:ingramf at benedict.edu> OR <mailto:fingram at mindspring.com>