KidsClick! updates

Jerry Kuntz jkuntz at ansernet.rcls.org
Wed Dec 2 08:30:55 EST 1998

The KidsClick! web guide/search engine for children built by librarians has
some new features:

--Recent link check eliminated many dead links
--Database is up to 5000 records [well, it was over 5000, but has now shrunk
to 4977 after the link checking]
--The Advanced Search screen now includes a URL search capability (added
after our search logs indicated that users were inputting URLs into the
search box)
--New, cleaner masthead
--The main page now also includes a new, third navigation method: an
alphabetical list of subject headings, arranged by letters. We think this
might be particularly useful for younger children, whose initial search
skills are based on dictionary/encyclopedia lookup.

We're still recruiting record entry volunteers in the library community; all
the entry routines [developed by Roy Tennant] are web-based.

Jerry Kuntz
Ramapo Catskill Library System
jkuntz at rcls.org