ProQuest Direct 2.0 and Windows 3.11

Knuth, Pat DAC CARL KNUTHP KNUTHP at LEAV-EMH1.ARMY.MIL
Mon Aug 31 14:59:00 EDT 1998

Is anyone else having problems with ProQuest Direct since it was upgraded to
version 2.0?  We were accessing ProQuest Direct using Internet Explorer 3.x
and  Windows 3.11 and it worked just fine until the upgrade.  Now we pretty
much can't pull in citations, abstracts or ascii full text articles on those
PCs.

Someone in tech support  told me that 98 percent of their users are  using
32-bit systems.  Many of our public PCs are 486's with 8 MB of RAM.  I know
they're old and slow,  but it's what we have.

They also suggested we try Netscape, but Netscape 3.x is not free to
government organizations and Netscape 4.x really wants 16MB of RAM according
to the things I've read.

I'm curious to know if any of the rest of you have worked through some of
these problems.

Thanks

Pat Knuth
Systems Librarian