[WEB4LIB] Project Management Software

Paul Peeling ppeeling at mail.bcpl.lib.md.us
Wed Aug 26 15:18:54 EDT 1998

I'm starting to shop around in this product category also. Can't offer
much as hands-on experience, but you might want to check a review in
InformationWeek, August 3, 1998. They reviewed 4 products:

Microsoft's Project 98
Scitor's Project Scheduler 7.6
Computer Associates' SuperProject 4.0d
Primavera Systems' SureTrak Project Manager 2.0

If it's still there, the article text (no charts or graphics) was on their
website - http://www.informationweek.com

On Wed, 26 Aug 1998, Marcos Silva wrote:

> We are looking into purchasing Project Manager Software and would dearly
> appreciate any recommendations or suggestions. So far, the only software we
> have evaluated is Microsoft Project 98. The criteria for selection
> includes: ODBC compliant, good web tools, collaborative environment, and,
> perhaps most important of all, easy to learn and use.

Paul Peeling
Technology Manager, Cook Library
Towson University
8000 York Road