netscape about:global

Cindy Meyer cjm at lacrosse.lib.wi.us
Tue Aug 18 16:17:09 EDT 1998

Here at our public library we have 5 public internet terminals running
Netscape 3.01 and Windows 3.1.  When the command "about:global" is typed
in the location box, the response says "the global history database is
currently closed".  My question is:  1. How did the global history
become "closed" and 2. How does one re-activate it?  Is there a hotkey
or some combination of key strokes that disabled the about:global
command?

I'd appreciate any ideas on this matter.  Thanks.

--
Cindy Meyer
Computer Technician
cjm at lacrosse.lib.wi.us