Creating a "Kiosk" browser on public access PCs

David Atkins atkins at aztec.lib.utk.edu
Tue Aug 18 10:48:26 EDT 1998

If you're wanting to kiosk Netscape to keep folks from closing it & you
can't get Javascript to do it, consider running a BATSH batch shell script
that reopens Netscape each time it's closed.  While folks still have
access to Exit, Close, & the window to shut down the app, the app will not
stay closed for long.

If you need more info, please let me know or go to
http://193.88.86.10/kiosk/winboss/areas/filearea761.htm and download
batsh20.zip and check out the batsh help files.   Caveat:  This works for
Windows, not Macs.

David Atkins

David P. Atkins
Electronic Resources Librarian
John C. Hodges Library                            datkins at utk.edu
The University of Tennessee                    me  (423) 974-0014
Knoxville, Tennessee  37996                    fax (423) 974-9242