HTML CODE QUESTION

Andrew J. Mutch amutch at tln.lib.mi.us
Wed Aug 12 11:43:55 EDT 1998

Hi,

I thought I had the answer to this question but strange behavior by my
browser (Netscape 4.5 Preview V.1) forces me to confirm it.

When you want HTML code to appear on a page as text, what tags should you
surround it with so that this will happen??

I currently use the <XMP> tags and I use this on my Netscape Kiosk help
page.  However, when I was looking at the page in my browser, instead of
printing the code exactly as how it is entered, it chopped certain
characters.  I'm not sure what is causing this and whether this is a "bug"
in NN 4.5.  It looks fine in NN 4.05.

For example, a line that should say:

window.open("http://....

looks like this: