[WEB4LIB:14742] html in ppt

Walter W. Giesbrecht walterg at yorku.ca
Thu Aug 6 13:44:42 EDT 1998

d scott brandt wrote:

> Be forewarned that when you do the PrntScrn method that the bitmap image
> you capture "bloats" the size of your presentation-- after 3 or 4 you may
> find that it won't fit on a 1.4MB floppy (and bitmaps don't compress much
> with WinZip, etc.)...

Au contraire! Bitmaps (i.e., files with the extension .bmp)
compress
just fine. I just created an image of my desktop (using PrntScrn)
and
saved it as a BMP file of size 770K. Winzip compressed it to a
measly 27K. A colleague once created a Powerpoint session that
included
several BMP images of web pages; the final ppt file was 2MB in
size,
but it compressed down to 100K.

Walter W. Giesbrecht                             walterg at yorku.ca
York University Libraries                (416)736-2100 ext. 77551
Toronto, Ontario, CANADA                                  113 SSB