Subject line change

Roy Tennant rtennant at library.berkeley.edu
Wed Aug 19 15:05:35 EDT 1998

After receiving a flood of complaints regarding the message number being
part of the subject line of Web4Lib messages, we took the rather
extraordinary measure of obtaining permission from the author of ListProc
to hack the code. Anastasios Kotsikonas graciously gave us permission, and
our Ace programmer Giulia Hill altered ListProc to provide the list name
at the beginning of the subject line without the message number.

My sincere hope is that we have found the middle ground that will satisfy
the most subscribers, and therefore will enable us to all move on to
other issues. As usual, thank you all for your understanding and patience.
Roy Tennant
Web4Lib Owner