Follow-up to The New Athenaeum

rjtiess at juno.com rjtiess at juno.com
Wed Aug 19 06:48:04 EDT 1998

*  Update at The New Athenaeum  *

The metaguide to topical Internet guides
developed by libraries/librarians and/or hosted
at library sites can be viewed in progress at the
following address:

  http://members.spree.com/athenaeum/mguide1.htm

The several entries there (under Computer Science
and Genealogy) provide examples of how
descriptive this index is to be, and your entries
would look similar to those.  As the project
develops and more URLs arrive, the guide will be
divided up into ten pages or more pages, according
to the main Dewey divisions.

If anyone here does not have immediate access
to the Internet, I can forward you some text
regarding this initiative.  If you have a guide or
know of a library/librarian who has created a
guide to some information on the Internet, on
_any_ subject, now is the best time to submit
your information, as I will shortly be registering
TNA with search engines and broadening the
scope of press releases.

You may e-mail me directly your information
at newathenaeum at hotmail.com using a text
version of the submission form at

 http://members.spree.com/athenaeum/submit.htm

Your comments, questions and suggestions
are welcome throughout this project.

Robert J. Tiess
rjtiess at juno.com

-