The New Athenaeum - Indexing Internet Resource Guides by Libraries

rjtiess at juno.com rjtiess at juno.com
Fri Aug 14 16:30:28 EDT 1998

Dear Web4Lib List Members,

I have established something called The New Athenaeum,
a global depository for Internet Resource Guides
developed and maintained by librarians and libraries
all over the world.  This metaguide, now in its first phase
of URL gathering and index-building, is exclusive to
guides originating in the library community.

For more on this initiative, the mission statement, guidelines,
the submission form to add your IRGs to the metaguide and
more, please visit the site at

          http://members.spree.com/athenaeum

Please share this URL with your colleagues who may
not have access to this list.

This could have some potential is sufficient interest is
demonstrated over the next few weeks and months.

Your comments, questions, and suggestions are most
welcome.  Due to a constrained schedule, I may not be
able to get back to you immediately.  I've tried to be
as explanatory as possible at the site to address
anticipated questions and concerns.  If you wish to
respond, perhaps it would be best to do this off-list,
even though this site is, in my estimation, quite
relevant to this mailing list.

It has been a while in the making, and the now real
work may finally begin!  I look forward to receiving
the URLs.

Take care.

Truly yours,

Robert J. Tiess