Innovative customers on a DEC platform

Peter Murray pem at po.cwru.edu
Thu Aug 13 17:56:47 EDT 1998

--On Thu, Aug 13, 1998 2:31 PM -0700 Dennis VanArsdale
<dvanarsd at systema.westark.edu> wrote:

> I'm looking for contact people who are using Innovative Interfaces
> software on a DEC client-server platform, _and_  who either have a
> Token Ring network or must interface with a Token Ring network.

You might try subscribing to the Innovative Users Group mailing list and
posting your question there.  See:

  http://www.innopacusers.org/listserv/

>  We're
> looking at Innovative as a possible vendor, and have a Token Ring
> network campus.  Even if we use Ethernet inside the library, we must
> still go in and out through a Token Ring network for campus use,
> Internet access, etc.

We don't fall into your situation, but I wonder if you can put the INNOPAC
machine on the Ethernet in your library, thereby using whatever Token
Ring/Ethernet bridge you already have set up to access the campus network
and the rest of the world.

Peter
Peter Murray, Library Systems Manager                    pem at po.cwru.edu
Digital Media Services                 http://www.cwru.edu/home/pem.html
Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio          W:216-368-5888

Innovative User's Group: .................. http://www.innopacusers.org/
INNOPAC Printing FAQ: .......... http://www.innopacusers.org/faqs/print/