Free Web Graphics: "Medical Librarians"/"Kids Online Week"/others..

Stephanie Stokes stephanie at friendcalib.org
Mon Aug 10 15:26:38 EDT 1998

KIDS Online Week (NEW this year!) To help ensure that
children have a safe and rewarding experience online,
the American Library Association (ALA) is urging libraries
to support America Links Up, a campaign to educate parents,
children and others about the Internet. The campaign is
scheduled to launch the week of September 14-20, 1998,
which has been designated "Kids Online Week." The public
will be encouraged to attend local Internet teach-ins at
participating libraries and schools nationwide. Visit
ALA's Site for ALL your PR needs!

Web Graphic for free download at:
http://www.ala.org/teach-in/

---------------------------------------
National Medical Librarians Month The Medical Library
Association is proud to declare the month of October as
National Medical Librarian's Month. The aim in creating
this event is to celebrate the contributions and
accomplishments of health sciences information professionals.
This month will also provide you with a special opportunity
to give medical librarians a hand and applaud the invaluable
services of your institution. We hope that the suggestions
and information in this Web site will aid you in these efforts.

Web Graphic for free download at:
http://www.mlanet.org/press/nmllogo.html
-------------------------------------
Teen Read Week (NEW this year!) ( October 19-25) From ALA a tip
sheet with ideas for celebrating Teen Read Week, camera-ready art
and sample publicity materials will be available on the ALA Web site
at http://www.ala.org/yalsa/ and from ALA Fax-on-Demand by calling
800-545-2433, press 8. For more information, call YALSA at
800-545-2433, ext. 4390 or send e-mail to YALSA at ala.org.

Web Graphic for free download at:
http://www.ala.org/teenread/pr_materials.html#logo

CALIFORNIA Webmasters (special just for you!)go to:
http://www.schoolibrary.org
I revised the image that ALA provided :-> Just help
yourself to the banner at the top.

Want to plan ahead for these library related events and etc.??

Go to:
http://www.calibraries.org/librarylovers/calendar.html

I created an "Online Calendar" to help "Library Support Groups",
BUT members of WEB4LIB may find it of use. I have tracked online
resources to PR and some "free web graphics". Any additions or
linking suggestions would be most appreciated!! A formpost is
located at the bottom of the page.

Stephanie Stokes
"Library Media & PR"
http://www.ssdesign.com/librarypr