web page as power point image

Karen G. Schneider kgs at bluehighways.com
Fri Aug 7 14:44:59 EDT 1998

my two bits to share:

1.  For Powepoint, I capture web images with Photo Shop, which does a nice
job.

2.  I sometimes create presentations that are humongous. Powerpoint 97
allows you to save across multiple disks.  Works fine (though for some
reason I always feel the need to carry a "one-disk version" with me as
well, sans sound, fancy pictures etc.).

When I'm travelling, I make the assumption that they can provide me with
exactly what I ask for, which is a computer running Windows 95 with a
floppy drive, plus a projector or panel, plus an overhead projector (see
below)*.  With Powerpoint Pack & Go, and by using ppt's ability to span
disks, I don't have to assume that "they" have a browser, etc etc etc on
the machine.  Note: don't assume that you don't need to specify the floppy
drive.  One exciting moment was when I went to insert the disks... ho ho
ho.  It was a laptop without a floppy drive (and not on the 'net, either,
so downloading what I needed wasn't possible either).  Exactly how they
thought I was going to use the computer is beyond me.  Live and learn.

* (Oh yeah, and I print the show on transparencies as well, and a couple of
times have been very glad I did.)
Karen G. Schneider |  kgs at bluehighways.com http://www.bluehighways.com
Author: A Practical Guide to Internet Filters, Neal Schuman, 1997
Director, Garfield Library of Brunswick, NY  garfield at crisny.org