LLRX Update - August 1, 1998

Cindy Chick cchick at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 4 23:10:31 EDT 1998

New on LLRX for August 1, 1998
Editors, Sabrina I. Pacifici & Cindy L. Chick
http://www.llrx.com

It's August, time for vacations and escapist reading.  So as not to
interfere with such important pursuits, we thought we would give you
an abbreviated update this time around.  But don't get too relaxed. On
August 15, we will be back with a full complement of new articles.

Margaret Berkland's new list of Links in the News offers a variety of
interesting Web sites, including: a site that provides free, and
fee-based, national and international corporate information with
associated hard copy resources; the Forbes top 800 companies,
with links to the company Web pages; the FDA almanac; and
a tech encyclopedia with more than 11,000 definitions...better
start studying!

LLRX Alerts includes an important warning, that is not a hoax,
regarding a security flaw in the e-mail program, Outlook.

In On the Newsstand, read about what major law firms are doing with
regard to technology upgrades and innovations; how the mergers in the
legal publishing industry have impacted the way we are now conducting
online legal research; and a glimpse into the new version of
Netscape's browser, Communicator 5.

There are several new books highlighted in the Bookstore, so if you
want something thought-provoking to read while lying on the beach,
take a look!

KeyCite sm, a powerful new citator and case-finder
by West Group, integrates West-reported case law,
full-text headnotes, and West's Topic and Key Numbers
into a super-efficient system for finding cases on
point. Find out how to revolutionize your legal
research today.
Visit-----> http://www.westgroup.com/keycite