Best image software

Donald Barclay donaldb at library.tmc.edu
Tue Apr 28 17:01:52 EDT 1998

I have had great luck with Paint Shop Pro. You can do sophisticated graphics
with it, it is easy to learn, and it doesn't cost much. You can download a
trial version from www.tucows.com or from the PSP website at
http://www.jasc.com .

(Ed McMahon is compensated for his endorsements. I'm not.)

At 01:37 PM 4/28/98 -0700, Joe Schallan wrote:
>Hello list,
>
>What do you think is the best all-around software for
>manipulating images for ultimate use on web pages?
>By this I mean something oriented to producings gifs
>and jpegs from all manner of source formats (TIFF,
>PICT, EPS, etc etc) without great losses in quality,
>something that lets you resize, crop, adjust contrast,
>and so on without requiring you to have a master's
>degree in graphic arts or optical sciences.
>
>In a word, something that is both powerful and
>easy to use (ya, ya, I know) and oriented toward
>producing web-ready files.  What works best
>for you?
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>Joe Schallan
>Glendale Public Library
>jschall at glenpub.lib.az.us

Donald A. Barclay                          always the beautiful answer
Houston Academy of Medicine-               who asks the more beautiful question
Texas Medical Center Library                        --e.e. cummings
donaldb at library.tmc.edu