MS-DOS problem: deleting cache

Dennis VanArsdale dvanarsd at systema.westark.edu
Wed Apr 22 11:18:09 EDT 1998

<snip>
<snip - problem of being slow>
Just a thought, but there is a freeware program called DEL!
(that's an exclamation point on the end) which deletes without
asking for confirmation; your original batch file command would work
as DEL! c:\whateverthepathis.  If it works on your NT system, it
would greatly simplify your batch command, and might speed the
process up a bit as well.  I use it whenever I want to do a delete
with a batch file without the step of confirmation.
I downloaded it from www.hotfiles.com, and it's probably on other
shareware sites as well.
The size of the cache allowed is probably a
major factor in the speed, since the deleting would take a LOT of
disk access, especially if the cache area is fragmented quite a bit.
Dennis G. Van Arsdale, Technical Services Librarian
Boreham Library, Westark College*********
"The opinions expressed and the information provided
here or through any connection are not the
responsibility of the College or any related service
provider."
P.O. Box 3649  Fort Smith ARkansas 72913-3649
(501) 788-7206  -- dvanarsd at systema.westark.edu