Netscape mail - Automatic download?

Tim Tripp ttripp at inforamp.net
Tue Apr 21 22:12:35 EDT 1998

Greetings, Gentlefolk,

This isn't really a work related question, but I can't imagine a much
better source than this list for posting it.

I know that you can set Netscape to check automatically for new mail on
a POP server.  Usually however, it just alerts you to the fact that
there is new mail on the server (how, would depend on what Netscape
version and O/S your using.)

What I would like it to do is not just check and alert me to the fact
that there is new mail, but retrieve it as well, without my having to
click on the "Get Mail" button.

This is not a most pressing issue for me, more one of curiosity.  Still,
if anyone has any ideas they'd like to share, I'd appreciate it.

Cheers,

Tim

--
Tim Tripp, Librarian