Error Condition Re: Re: Error Condition Re: Public Internet Access and Floppy Drives

Mignon Morse library at wylie.tx.us
Fri Apr 17 11:26:26 EDT 1998

--
**************************
  MIgnon Morse

How did I get this message before I subscribed?  Are these messages sent
by a computer or a person?

Subject:
        Web4Lib warning (fwd)
  Date:
        Thu, 16 Apr 1998 15:29:30 -0700
  From:
        Roy Tennant <rtennant at library.berkeley.edu>
    To:
        Multiple recipients of list <web4lib at library.berkeley.edu>

Due to another infraction against the Web4Lib Posting Policy at
http://sunsite.berkeley.edu/Web4Lib/#Policy after receiving a formal
warning (see attached), John Walker has been permanently removed from
Web4Lib. As far as I can remember, this is the first time this has
happened. I suggest that subscribers take a moment to reacquaint
themselves not only with the Posting Policy, but also the Guidelines for
Appropriate List Behavior at
http://sunsite.Berkeley.EDU/Web4Lib/#Behavior

I do not enjoy being a bouncer, but when forced to do it I won't shrink
from it. Should you be so unlucky as to receive a warning (and there are
very, very few who do), you would do well to take it seriously. The
silver
lining in this particular cloud is the reminder that nearly all of the
3600 subscribers to this discussion are upstanding citizens of this
online
community. Other lists should be so lucky. Thanks,
Roy Tennant
Web4Lib Owner