WIN 95: Security: how can I hide My Computer.

Susan Acampora Sacampora at cnr.edu
Wed Apr 15 07:35:24 EDT 1998

We have resolved this problem in part by using a program called
FOOLPROOF:

http://www.smartstuff.com.
It is a security program that enables you among other things to protect
and hide the drives in My Computer. I have find though, that even
FOOLPROOF cannot remove the My Computer icon.  A library patron may
still click on it but it will be empty of drives and they will be unable
to open the control panel and printers icons.
Now no one in our library seems to bother with My Computer as a result.

It is not the perfect solution, we too would like to remove the icon
completely.
But it is a satisfactory one for now.

Susan Acampora
sacampora at cnr.edu