Announcement: major site revision

Scheherazade Fowler sfowler at camden.lib.me.us
Thu Apr 9 17:58:07 EDT 1998

	I find it a little disturbing when the frame includes an
advertisement.  Presumably the folks who created the framing page are
getting money from the advertisers on the premise that their
content will draw eyeballs to the advertisement -- if it is not their
own content, this seems to be at least unethical, if not illegal.

	I'd love to hear from someone on the list who can offer more than
speculation on this issue.

> This is not a criticism, but I'm curious about what etiquette issues other
> people see in presenting Site A completely within a frame at Site B.  It
> isn't something I would ever do without permission (if I used frames, that
> is), but assuming I wasn't making it look like my own work, I'm not sure I
> can quite put my finger on why not.
>

> Thomas Dowling
> OhioLINK - Ohio Library and Information Network
> tdowling at ohiolink.edu

Best,

Sherry
Scheherazade Fowler