Looking for public printing solutions...

Youngpdy Youngpdy at aol.com
Wed Apr 1 21:29:53 EST 1998

At Seminole Community College, north of Orlando, Florida, we are working with
Xerox to provide for networked laser printers at all Internet pc's, as well as
at some online catalogs. Our online catalog also provides text only Internet
access, a number of databases, some with abstract and/or full text,
Britannica, along with FirstSearch's 60 databases, most full text.

We are also instituting a card operated pay mechanism at each computer, the
microfilm/fiche reader-printers, and the copiers to charge ten cents per page
for all print/copy services. Patrons purchase a card from a wall vending
machine and charge it for the amount they choose to pay for.

At this point the networked printers are installed and working well. Card op
attachment will occur in the next few weeks. I'd be happy to keep anyone
interested in this project informed about it's progress as it moves along.

Patricia D. Young
Director of Learning Resources
SCC
work email: youngpsc1 at lincc.ccla.lib.fl.us