Help with Yahoo and other web email

Paul H. Gray phgray at tcjc.cc.tx.us
Wed Apr 1 08:35:53 EST 1998

>>Another level would be to get a regular e-mail account and use a program
>>like Eudora that would allow him to keep all his configuration files and
>>downloaded mail on a floppy disk.
>>

>I don't know how others feel, but I certainly wouldnt want to provide the
>ability for members of the public to run executable files from floppy disk,

I couldn't agree more -

I was not suggesting running the exe off a floppy -
You would run Eudora off the station with your config files and saved mail
etc on the floppy-
Your command line would look something like -
C:\EUDORA\EUDORA.EXE A:\
With this disk you can go to any machine that has Eudora and an internet
connection.
We have a station in a lab that is shared by several faculty members and I
have set up accounts like this for some of them.

>and with the availability of free mail clients as part of browser software,
>I can't see too many organisations springing for a copy of Eudora for each
>workstation.

Eudora Lite - a perfectly usable package with only the 'bells and whistles'
of the commercial product left out is freeware.  Or at least it was until
recently.

Actually the suggestions in my first response were offered largely
tongue-in-cheek.
IMHO - If you are worried about privacy and security you just ---don't---
do personal e-mail on a public station.

Opinions expressed are strictly mine -- and all other standard disclaimers-

Paul H. Gray, Learning Resources Manager	Phone:  (817)515-6623
TCJC Northeast LRC				Fax:    (817)515-6275
828 Harwood Road				E-Mail: phgray at tcjc.cc.tx.us
Hurst, Texas 76054