Survey on public access printing

James Klock j-klock at evanston.lib.il.us
Fri Apr 3 13:32:07 EST 1998

Thanks to those of you who have responding to my previous request for
information and suggestions regarding public access printing.

At the request of our reference staff, I'm trying to find examples of other
*public libraries* that are doing ANY sort of shared, public printing.

If you are part of a public library, or know of a public library, that is
using any sort of shared printing for public access services (catalog,
reference, Internet, or other), PLEASE respond via email and let me know.
If you have a minute, please feel free to include a few details as to what
you're using shared public printing for (ie what services) and possible how
you set things up (ie are you charging for printing, using which print
management/accounting system, etc), as well as the rough number of
workstations per printer, and staff per printer.  If you have less than a
minute, feel free to just include the name of the library.

Thank you for your help!

James