Internet Explorer: how to save text in frame

Luc Grondin grondin.luc at uqam.ca
Fri Apr 3 09:47:07 EST 1998

Hello,

I have not been able to find a simple way to save the text of a frame as a
file from Internet Explorer.  Netscape offers the feature of "saving frame
as...", but IE does not.  Is there a trick i missed?  (I do not consider
looking at the HTML source of the "frameset" and copy & paste the URL
address as a suitable procedure--especially for users on public
workstations).  I search W4L archives and found no mentions of that
problematic limitation in IE.

We have a number of public workstations equiped with IE (Windows).  We
provide the ability to save files on floppy disks, however, we do not
currently provide direct printing from the workstations.  Some databases,
such as ProQuest Direct, work in a framed environment.  Hence, users cannot
save search results displayed in frames.

Thank you in advance for your suggestions

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
               Luc Grondin
         Bibliothecaire/Librarian
  Services informatises des bibliotheques
      Universite du Quebec a Montreal
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm