Dynamic HTML

Eric Robbins erobbins at nslsilus.ORG
Mon Apr 13 11:32:35 EDT 1998

At 12:46 PM 4/11/98 -0700, you wrote:
>Has anyone had any experience with Dynamic HTML?  We are having a
>meeting re: web pages this next week and one of the librarians is very
>eager for us to pursue Dynamic HTML.  My understanding is that the first
>screen offered to the patrons or browsers would offer a choice between
>DHTML, present style pages with graphics or text only pages.
>I've been doing some reading about it but am very unsure of its
>practicality for a public library.
>I would be very grateful for any comments.
>TIA
>Diane Kurtz
>dkurtz at brdgprtpl.lib.ct.us

Our library had a passing curiosity with DHTML, but when we tried viewing
examples of it at Microsoft's site, we were soundly unimpressed with the
reliability. It will evenually be a fun tool, but at this point it means
more work, for questionable results, for fewer patrons.  We have better
things to spend our time on (though, I will admit that I have been playing
with it's programming at home...)

Eric Robbins
Webmaster
Reference Department