DHTML in PL

Sara Weissman/Morris Cty Library WEISSMAN at main.morris.org
Sun Apr 12 02:11:51 EDT 1998

>From http://www.insidedhtml.com
I'd avoid any browser specific implementation like the plague, myself....Not
something I would rush out and use for our 165++ page web site. We have too
many patrons using too many different types/ages of browsers to get this
narrow. ..probably fun to play with, just not practical for our end users
(probably half of whom are running antique-AOL.) Not for nothing the term
"bleeding edge."
--------------------------------
What is Dynamic HTML?
   Dynamic HTML in Internet Explorer 4.0 is Microsoft's implementation of
   the latest W3C HTML, CSS, and Document Object Model standards. Inside
   Dynamic HTML focuses on using the object model to create interactive
   web applications.

   Dynamic HTML and Internet Explorer 4.0 allow full control of the HTML
   document. No longer are pages limited to being defined while the page
   is being loaded. After displaying the page, any portion of the page
   can be dynamically and immediately changed. For example, an
   application can contain an outline that the user expands and collapses
   with the results displayed instantaneously. Imagine creating pages [snip]