public internet access or password

Corinne Caputo cori at nmsua.nmsu.edu
Mon Apr 6 13:49:37 EDT 1998

Our Internet access for anyone presently is password protected so
that one must be a student/staff  with an email account to access it.
Other libraries that I worked for allowed the public to use the
Internet without password and was not limited to the campus only.

We are presently gathering information to justify an open account for
public access for at least one terminal.  I would appreciate any
input that anyone could give relating to their policies on this
matter and the justifications, etc. that were/are used for it.

Please email me on this as I don't know that the entire listserv
would be interested.  thanks in advance.
Cori Caputo
Assistant Librarian
NMSU at Alamogordo
Alamogordo, NM 88311