USA Today Reporter Seeks Librarians about Internet

Stephanie Stokes stephanie at friendcalib.org
Mon Apr 6 13:34:01 EDT 1998

The following is from Joyce Kelly, ALA Press Officer.
Please reply to her at jkelly at ala.org. I would appreciate
a CC at stephanie at friendcalib.org
Thanks,
Stephnaie Stokes,
http://www.ssdesign.com/librarypr

I'm working on a story with USA Today about "The level of Internet
access offered at libraries."  As this varies from library to library, I'm
hoping you can help.  If you are particularly proud of the level of your
library's service, I'd love to hear from you.  Please contact me just as
soon as you can today -- Monday, April 6.

Please answer the questions that will follow and let me know where
you're located,  the size of your library and a telephone number where
you may be reached.  The USA Today reporter might need to speak with
you and quote you for the article.  If you're not interested in going on
record, that's fine.  I could still use your information.

1)  How many terminals do you have available whereby patrons can log
on to the Internet?

2)  Is there a charge?  If so, how much?

3)  How is your printing facility set up?  For example, can one patron
see what another has printed out?

4)  What is your policy regarding filtering?

5)  What are your hours of Internet access?

Thank you very much for taking time from your schedule to help ALA
PROMOTE THE IMAGE OF LIBRARIES AND LIBRARIANS.

Please respond direclty to me at jkelly at ala.org.

Sincerely,
Joyce Kelly
ALA Press Officer