Informations about DbTextworks

Francesco Giacanelli md1251 at mclink.it
Mon Apr 6 07:39:34 EDT 1998

Dear Web4libbers,

this is off topic: please, excuse me (obviously, you can answer me and not the list).

I would like to share informations with libraries which use the DbTextworks - Library Guide software. Particularly, I would like to know:
1)Impressions about the easyness of use (in regard of patrons, searching the catalogue).
2)If the modules are really integrated (e.g. if one could use the information held in the catalogue module for the circulation module, etc.).
3)If they have successfully exported informations from the Win version to the DOS (Inmagic Plus Library Guide). This questions arises from the need we have to install a DOS workstation readable for blind people: we would like to be sure there is compatibility between the two versions.

I will appreciate any other informations and impressions about this software.
Thanks very much in advance
Francesco Giacanelli

Francesco Giacanelli
Biblioteca Italiana per i Ciechi - Centro di Documentazione Tiflologica
(Italian Library for the Blind - Documentation Center on Blindness)
Via della Fontanella di Borghese, 23 - 00186 Roma
Tel.: +39 6 68219820
Fax: +39 6 68136227
e-mail: cdtinfo at uiciechi.it
private e-mail: md1251 at mclink.it