internet misinformation

Alis Whitt whitt at spinner.cofc.edu
Tue Sep 30 13:56:14 EDT 1997

My latest favorite is the story of my colleague who did a web search on
whitehouse & went into the first "likely" site which turned out to be
www.whitehouse.com.  I think he learned a lesson about the different
kinds of information you get from .gov, .net & .com.  BTW, all three
domains work with www.whitehouse & all illustrate a point --
though I wouldn't necessarily care to bring up that point (ahem) in
front of a large audience.

 Alis Whitt
 whitt at spinner.cofc.edu