Science Online Now Available For Libraries

CMUNSON CMUNSON at aaas.org
Tue Sep 30 11:55:56 EDT 1997

Science Online Now Available For Libraries

The American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) is pleased
to announce that Science Online is now available for libraries and
institutions. Libraries can now purchase multiple subscriptions to Science
Online, either through a form available at the Science Online web site, or
via their catalog subscription agent. Orders will be accepted starting 15
October 1997.

A subscription to Science Online includes access to the full text of
articles from the journal Science and enhanced additions to those articles.
Also included is Science Professional Network with job listings and career
information, Electronic Marketplace with product information, and
ScienceNOW daily science news service.

Set-up of library workstation access is relatively easy-access is limited
by IP address which can be activated and administered by the librarian via
a form located at the Science Online web site. There is no need to remember
passwords or other protocols. More information and online help are
available at the Science Online site. If your library has a unique network
situation, such as a firewall or if you use dynamic IP addressing, contact
us to discuss alternatives.

We are in a comment phase as we finalize our model. Please take a few
minutes to visit our librarian information at: