PowWow Communities and Academic Librarians -Reply -Reply

Janice.White at fct-cf.x400.gc.ca Janice.White at fct-cf.x400.gc.ca
Fri Sep 26 03:33:54 EDT 1997

You don't need to have the capability.  All you need is the software
which you can download from www.mirc.co.uk  and the servers are
available through IRC.  You connect to them and you are off and surfing.
Millions of people access these servers which are in various groups
such as Dalnet or Undernet.  Each of those has a list of available servers
across the country.

Thats the beauty of IRC its free and its has the server capability.  I am
willing to help you set it up, just let me know if your interested.

Janice White

>>> RFC-822 web4lib(a)library.berkeley.edu 09/25/97 04:04pm >>>
IRC is a software that can be downloaded easily from a variety of sites.
The one most used is found at www.mirc.co.uk.  Its run out of England
but is international in scope.  If you have ftp capabilities then you can d/l
this without any problems.  It is not system specific so anyone should be
able to use it.  As in another posting you can contact me if you wish with
questions at jmwhite at cyberus.ca

Have fun with it... its a great source of information if you find or create
the right channel.  2nd step is to promote it here on the listserv.

Janice White
Federal Court of Canada Library

>>> RFC-822 web4lib(a)library.berkeley.edu 09/25/97 03:04pm >>>
--------------A8841B9B814D7CDEA5354A03

Setting up an IRQ channel makes sense.  We don't have an IRQ sever
here.
Anyone have that capability?