ikiosk new user

John Gresham jgresham at franuniv.edu
Wed Sep 24 12:59:11 EDT 1997

I'm just setting up some public workstations with Internet access (also
cd-rom with web launcher) and will use ikiosk for security/control.  I'm
curious as to exactly which features other libraries disable (on
Netscape and win 95) for their public workstations. Also, any suggested
guides to using ikiosk?
Another issue is the easiest way to block access to hotmail, rocketmail
etc. -- these would be available in the library computer lab, but not
the workstations in the reference area -- would you buy a filter to
block these specific sites? which filter?
thanks,
John Gresham
* John Gresham, MLS, PhD                *
* Head of Information Services          *
* John Paul II Library                  *
* Franciscan University of Steubenville *
* Steubenville, Ohio 43952              *
* Phone (614) 284-5459                  *
* Fax   (614) 284-7239                  *
* Email jgresham at franuniv.edu           *