internet library instruction

david robert austen davidaus at indiana.edu
Mon Sep 22 06:43:23 EDT 1997

Hello, Nathalie and all:

In the numerous WWW, Internet and similar classes I have taken, it has
always seemed a terrifically good idea to have at least one assistant
for each 10 - 15 trainees. This, so that the class doesn't get bogged
down with the numerous and tiny snags that ground most new users from
time to time. In other words, don't be in the classroom alone if your
are teaching newbies.

Also, unless you have every reason to be confident in the hardware you
are using, have a garden variety backup overhead projector and
transparencies, in addition to your computer monitor projection unit. Do
this especially if you plan to use netwpork resources wile teaching.

I'd say an hour is about right, or 2 1/2 hours with a 15 minute break.

Best wishes,

David
-----