databases restricted by ip address

Sheryl Dwinell dwinells at vms.csd.mu.edu
Thu Sep 18 10:01:39 EDT 1997

To all of you who read my post and scratched your heads wondering how our
script can magically solve the problem of IP restricted databases with a
password, I just wanted to say that I sent off a mush-headed reply without
thinking.  Compounding problems, I sent it to the list in addition to the
original poster, which I didn't intend.  Ugh.  What we're actually doing is
allowing off campus access to login/password restricted databases that are
limited in the script to Marquette IPs unless they have a library assigned
password which accords them legal user status.

Sorry guys.

Sheryl Dwinell * Cataloger/DBM Librarian/Webmaster
Memorial Library * Marquette University
P.O. Box 3141 * Milwaukee, WI 53201-3141
414-288-3406 * dwinells at vms.csd.mu.edu