Win95 Desktop replacement?

James Klock j-klock at evanston.lib.il.us
Tue Sep 9 11:20:07 EDT 1997

Greetings.

I'm trying to set up a PC under Windows95 which will ultimately be used by
patrons to access selected multimedia titles.  In order to make things as
warm and friendly as possible for the end user, I want to replace the
standard windows desktop with something even easier to manipulate
(preferably one click to launch instead of two, right mouse button
disabled, icons fixed in place).  Ideally, it would be great if it can
detect the presence of a CD in the CD-ROM drive and warn the user in a
friendly way that the CD title is either not present or not yet mounted...

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.  Please feel free to respond to me
directly via email, instead of clogging the list...

James