bounce.to....a web redirection service

Mark Ellis mark.ellis at rpl.richmond.bc.ca
Thu Sep 4 18:50:04 EDT 1997

Does this really make any sense?  What are all the other Peter Scotts going
to do now?  We need something hierarchical like
http://www.bounce.to/ca/usask/peterscott/.  So much for easy to remember
though. (back to where we started)

Creative use of Tonga's domain too.  All kinds of possibilities here...

just.do.it
just.say.no
oh.my
toys.r.us
sha.na.na

>>From the press release:
>
>"It's official - the first service of its kind has opened on the Internet,
>and is already creating massive interest.  Founder of the new 'web
>redirection' service bounce.to (http://bounce.to/), Miles Burke, explains;
>'Up until now, anyone who wanted a short, life-long web address for their
>site had to pay for the privilege - and pay well!  With over 500,000 .com
>and .net domain names in use, the best ones have all been taken...'"
>
>To see if it works (and it does) I have set up my home page to be
>redirected from:
>
>http://www.bounce.to/peterscott/

Mark Ellis
Computer Services Technician            Phone: 604.231.6410
Richmond Public Library                 Email: mark.ellis at rpl.richmond.bc.ca
Richmond, British Columbia