Filtering at Ada Community Library, Boise Idaho

Steve Hooley hooleyss at gsaix2.cc.GaSoU.EDU
Wed Sep 3 09:13:06 EDT 1997

        Most libraries don't have enough personnel to supervise kids - one
kid might be OK but what if twenty fathers bring five kids apiece for the
friendly librarians to supervise? We have a latchkey kid problem from the
middle school next door as many kids come to the library waiting for their
folks to pick them up. Hard enough keeping them quiet without watching over
their shoulders.
        Whether or not it's appropriate, there aren't enough people to carry
it out.