Filter maintenance time

Darmae Brown darmaeb at netman.ci.aurora.co.us
Tue Sep 16 16:00:48 EDT 1997

This message has been sent to publib, web4lib, and libnet (Colorado).
Please excuse the duplication.

We are facing the filtering decision in a very conservative community.
We need more information about how much staff time it takes per week or
month to maintain filters.  New URLs would need to be added to the stop
list and the list would need to be tweaked in response to public
comments.  Hopefully, we are only discussing the internet computers in
the children's area.

_Please_ don't rehash the filtering debate.  I've just been asked to get
this one piece of information (staff time) for a report.  You are
welcome to send your responses directly to me
(darmaeb at netman.ci.aurora.co.us) and I will summarize for the list if
there is interest.

TIA!!

Darmae Brown, MA MCIS         darmaeb at netman.ci.aurora.co.us
Systems Coordinator           (303) 739-6622 phone
Aurora Public Library         (303) 739-6638 fax
14949 E Alameda Dr            All opinions are my own--
Aurora, CO 80012                 no one else would want them!