Cyberspider

Elaine L. Day dayel at jmu.edu
Tue Sep 16 15:51:12 EDT 1997

> I am trying to find information about a program called (I think)
> Cyberspider, that once loaded on the server, automatically
> checks links to make sure they are active.  I don't know what
> happens when it finds dead links - maybe it notifies the
> webmaster?
> Can anyone point me to their website? I did a quick search
> but could not find any info.  TIA

The program is spelled "Cyberspyder." It writes reports to
HTML files, but does not automatically forward them to
anyone. Cyberspyder is produced by Aman software:

 http://www.cyberspyder.com/index.html

You may also want to consider Linkbot:

http://www.tetranetsoftware.com/linkbot-info.htm

... or Infolink Link Checker:

http://www.biggbyte.com/

both of these check URL types in addition to HTTP.
Cyberspyder, at least in the trial we are testing, checks
only http:// links.

--Elaine Day

Elaine L. Day                  dayel at jmu.edu
Electronic Resources Manager   540-568-6582
Technical Services Dept.       540-568-2910 (FAX)
Carrier Library
James Madison University
Harrisonburg, VA 22807